Saturday, September 18, 2010

Some stuff...

Well, I am two and a half weeks into my lap-band life, and I am feeling pretty great. I have lost 27 pounds, so about 10 pounds since my last post. I am eating normal food again (except for most carbs-those I can add back in on the 21st), tonight I actually had some good ol' Texas BBQ from Cooper's in New Braunfels. It was yummy. I am amazed at how little food I am actually getting full on. Five weeks ago, I would have had a whole plate of food, and then ate dessert 20 minutes later. Now I am eating no more than a cup at one sitting, no snacks, no desserts. Although, tonight I did have some sugar free Jell-O, but that doesn't count (seriously, my nutritionist said so).
In other news, we lost some shingles off the roof during Tropical Storm Hermine. We had an insurance adjuster come over on Thursday, and we will be getting some money, we just aren't sure how much yet. We are really ready to get our house fixed up so we can put it on the market. To move where? Anyway, we are trying not to get too excited, but we do need a new roof.
Also, I have a little prayer request...actually it is a big one. My best friend is going through some tough things right now. Her dad has been having "spells" (dizzy, light-headed, etc.) He has some health problems, so he figured it was just complications, but last week took a trip to the ER, was admitted, tests were ran, and a malignant brain tumor was found. My friend is one of the strongest people I know, and I can always count on her and her crazy sense of humor to help me pull through my tough times. All good vibes, thoughts, and prayers sent her way will be much appreciated.
With that said, I will leave on a light note and post some pics.



Ella getting ready to go to a party


SLIDING!!


Ella and Daddy on the train at Breckinridge Park



One night, Ella was eating a PB&J, and looked like The Joker. This is the result of her having crazy parents.

1 comment:

  1. Ella is adorable! So thankful things are going well for you since your surgery, very exciting. Will say a prayer for your friend and her dad.

    ReplyDelete