Saturday, November 6, 2010

Halloween and Strep Throat

Halloween weekend was AWESOME! Saturday, Max and I participated in the Feast of the Heart 5K...my first ever! It was so great. Max ran the 5K in under thirty minutes and I walked it in about fifty-four minutes. When we done, we drove to Bastrop to have a Halloween Fun Fest with Mom and Dad and our friends Sarah and Darrell. Sarah is my best friend from college and their little boy, Reagan, is almost two years old. They came out to Mom and Dad's and stayed the night with us. The kids painted pumpkins, had a practice trick-or-treat, and ate hot dogs (Halloweenies!) We had a blast, but, Sunday afternoon while the boys were playing golf, we took the kids to the park. I noticed Ella looking a little tired and running a little slower. By the time we got back to the house, she was running fever. She and I stayed home together the next day because I started hacking up my lungs that day, and having some major problems with my asthma. Max took Ella to the doctor that afternoon, and she confirmed that Ella had strep throat...she stayed out of school until Thursday!! Anyway, we are all feeling better. In fact, we got out of the house this morning and did some fall/winter clothes shopping. All my winter clothes make me look like the StaPuft Marshmellow man from Ghostbusters! WAY TOO BIG! WOOHOO! Weight update: Down 40 pounds as of today! Enjoy this great fall everyone!
Here are some pics of Hahn Halloween Fun Fest and post Trick-or-Treating.













No comments:

Post a Comment