Sunday, January 15, 2012

We are still here!

Hello all! I know it has been awhile...how many posts have I started that way? Anyhoo, I just finished reading my last post, which is a total downer, so I'm going to make this one very fun to read.
Ella is doing AMAZING! I love her more and more everyday. Just when I think I couldn't love her anymore than I already do, she does something or says something that makes me incredibly grateful that I am her mother. She seems to be pretty well-rounded, loving both Star Wars and Disney princesses. She is smart and funny, just like her mother (tee-hee!)...okay, and her father. She loves Star Wars so much, that she hums the Darth Vader song while she goes to the potty! I'm sure she will love that I told you all that when she gets older. One of her favorite things to do is work puzzles, and she is becoming quite the artist. She makes Max and me read the same books over and over, so she actually memorizes them, and then she can "read" them to us.
We went to Denver for Thanksgiving this year, and it was such a great time. Chrissy is doing well, and I ran a virtual Turkey Trot with her on Thanksgiving morning. We had the best food, and best of all, we spent some quality time with the Wimmer/Peragines. I am always amazed at how fast kids grow, and Thomas and Annie are no exceptions. That Annie...she is smart and funny, just like her aunt! (I know, that joke will get old fast).
Christmas was a blast! The Farrs came over from Austin on Christmas Eve, and then Max, Ella, and I spent the rest of the weekend with each other...no other family or friends. That may sound sad to some of you, but it was wonderful! It was the first holiday that we have been our own little family. Ella was visited by Santa, of course, making Christmas day VERY exciting.
As many of you know, my brother, Kyle, and his wife, Christi, are both Baylor graduates. Of course, my parents bought us all tickets to the Alamo Bowl to cheer on the Baylor football team and RGIII. That two days will easily go down as the most fun I've had with my family thus far. Max and I also celebrated our 9th anniversary, and I celebrated my 32 birthday.
Max's mom, Adele, was here for my birthday, and stayed for a bit for a fantastic visit. She was here from the Friday before my birthday until yesterday. We are always sad to see her go, but we had a great time with her.
I can't end this post without sharing this bit of news...I am going to be an aunt again (just in case you all haven't heard, which I'm sure if you are from Muleshoe that you have) this coming Friday! Madison Claire Hahn will make her appearance on Friday morning, and I couldn't be more thrilled. Just when I start to feel down, I think about all the blessings in my life. I have a wonderful family...my family and all my in-laws! Kyle and I were both very lucky to marry into strong, loving, accepting families. Here are some photos from the past few months. They aren't in any kind of order, but I'm sure you will be able to figure out what is going on in them!


Ella was a trooper at the game...but boy did she get tired.

The Farr's and the Wimmer's...shenanigans aplenty.

Amanda, Sarah, and me at the Sights and Sounds 5K

The Wimmer/Peragine clans together for Thanksgiving

Cousins sliding

Handsome Cab ride in downtown San Antonio

No comments:

Post a Comment