Saturday, December 15, 2012

No title


Since yesterday morning, I have flip-flopped between thinking about quitting my job and homeschooling my Ella, to realizing that one of my jobs as a teacher is protecting my students.  The fact of the matter is, they are my kids too.  Furthermore, it was proven just last week, and this past summer, that this type event can happen anywhere.  The problem isn't that God has been taken out of schools, or gun control (although, in the wrong hands, guns do kill people)...the problem is that there are people in this world who lose it, who have mental disabilities that cause them to see the world differently, and therefore cause pain and suffering.  I'm upset with the discourse in our country...the fact that 27 people were killed yesterday and the country is arguing about gun control and God in schools.  Drop the politics and love your family, at least for today.

I couldn't homeschool Ella anyway, I'm terrible at math and science.

No comments:

Post a Comment